Recently I released another app that I’ve been meaning to create for a while.
App dev toolbox is a collection of tools that I have used over the years to help with Android app development which I have merged into one app from other open source projects (Huge thanks to those projects for creating such useful tools!)
I have also tweaked some of the project to meet my needs and added a few other simple features like the deep link tester. Here are the projects that the app includes;
- Device Stats (device info) by scottyab – https://github.com/scottyab/android-device-stats
- Material Keylines (layout overlay) by esnaultdev – https://github.com/esnaultdev/MaterialKeylines
- Venom (process killer) by YarikSOffice – https://github.com/YarikSOffice/venom
- Dev Widget (app widget) by tasomaniac – https://github.com/tasomaniac/DevWidget
- Dev Tiles (notification tiles for dev settings) by mustafa01ali – https://github.com/mustafa01ali/Dev-Tiles
- Snippet (quick text pasting) by Me! 😄 andyb129 – https://github.com/andyb129/Snippet
As I tend to regularly get new devices and always create new Android emulators for development, I decided that it would be really useful to have one app that I could install on a device that had all the tools I needed to make development easier.
This app is currently the first iteration of that idea and I hope to improve it over time by adding and removing tools that I find useful.
I have also made the app open source so people can contribute if needed and report any issues that they find. You can find the code here – https://github.com/andyb129/AppDevToolbox
I have also published it on the Play Store so people can download and update it more easily here – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.barbuzz.appdevtoolbox
I hope this is useful to other Android dev’s & feel free to get in touch if there are any other great development tools people can recommend that I could add to this app.